Saturday, November 17

Turn Down the Monitor

I can't believe it has come to this.....it's 3:00 in the middle of the day...I have lost my mind and I have just turned down the monitor for the first time. Have we really come to the end of naps? Surely not. Yes, Avery has transitioned her screaming and fit throwing into her naps as well. How can this be? I mean night time is one thing....but NAPS? Naps are sacred! I love my daughter but I NEED her nap time as much as she needs it. Can anyone relate to that? I refuse to give up nap time....I have chosen to turn down the monitor. It's awful. She is standing at her door screaming for me right now.

I know for a good week, all I have posted on my blog has been about Avery's sleeping situation but that is seriously my life right now. Everything during the day comes back to how we feel...and I feel...tired. David is gone again for the weekend to the deer lease. And it's OK, but given the situation I can't help but feel at little bitter. Again, this is my blog....I'm entitled to feelings and expressing them. I just feel at little crazy right now...not even because of the sleepiness but because I feel like I am raising a completely different little girl. Who snatched Avery? And where is my little girl who used to LOVE to snuggle in her own bed with her lovie, lambies and Baby Tad....and would read her books till she feel asleep?
Well, I want and NEED to write about something else. In other news....on Wednesday, David and I totally missed out on going to the So You Think You Can Dance tour here in SA. We even had tickets to go and had been planning it for like 2 months. I thought it was this coming Monday instead of Wednesday and had actually been planning on that day. Without a baby sitter, what can you do? I heard it was so neat. I was so looking forward to seeing Neil, Danny, Lacie and Sabra....oh and of course Hok. Oh well, maybe next year.....
She has done it...she has used super toddler strength and managed to open her heavy door that drags on the carpet.......
Ok, I can't be THAT crazy if I actually take pics of her during all this. Or is that part of my craziness? This is Avery pretending to be asleep on my bedroom floor right beside the computer where I am. Poor thing. Who? Me or her? My crazy self has convicted me to do one thing....pick this little thing up and put her in MY BED.....

0 comments: