Monday, November 26

SAHM - After T-Day

It's Monday...back to the real world. But I still love being a SAHM. Avery found some more uses for her latest favorite toy..... you know, remember the "knee pads"? She calls these her new flip-flops. Even thoug they are stuck to her feet I think she thinks that she has to "hold" them on with her toes. She didn't call the next anything but was wrapping them around her hands like gloves. WOW...so interesting. HA!

We had a great time during Thanksgiving. We left SA in 85 degree weather...I was literally sweating because Avery and I took a walk before our 5 hour trip. We we arrived in Tyler, actually 6 1/2 hours later....it was FREEZING. We had fun staying up playing games and in the morning Pa Pa made an awesome Thanksgiving breakfast. Later at Grandaddy and Granny's house 30 minutes before Thanksgiving dinner the fun came to an end because Grandaddy had to go to the hospital because of some chest pains and high blood pressure. We all wanted to be safe than sorry. Grandaddy (David's Mom's Dad) is still in the hospital and may be there a while...I will update with some more news tomorrow.
The next day, we went over to Dave's (my brother's house) for yet another Thanksgiving. It was so much fun....of course holding baby Rhett all day! Ryan and Avery wore their selves out! Oh, I almost forgot.....(now I sound like Mickey on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse....those with little ones know what I'm talking about). Anyway, before we went over to Dave's, Dad and I woke up early to do a little shopping. I've never shopped on the Friday after Thanksgiving and I will never do it again! It was ridiculous! The only good thing was that I ran into Cherie at 7:00 in the morning unexpectedly. What a nice surprise to see my friend. I was looking for some shoes, because the warmest pair I had were some flip-flops!
Now that we are back, it sure does feel good to be home....it always feels that way...both here and there. It's kinda funny. Today I got to see another friend that I hadn't seen in forever! It was another wonderful thing. Lauren was still in town here in SA and we met for lunch with both of our girls. Side note - You know when your kid acts like a little toot the first time that you friend sees and meets them and you worry that that is what your friend is going to think they are like ALL the time...... Well, that is what happened. Avery was unbelievable....being such a little toot! Ahhh...sorry Lauren that our lunch was not eaten in peace, but it was so great to see you and hug your neck....and see sweet McKinley too. What a precious girl. Lauren assured me that she believes Avery is a precious girl too!!!

We love you Lauren and McKinley!!

2 comments:

Tootle Family said...

Chantel, this is my last weekend of showers, and dinners! So, we must get together afterwards. Rod will be hunting the weekend of the 13th. How does that sound? Jess

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! It was so good to see you and precious Avery. I KNOW she is precious, because she came from you :) I know our sweet little girls can't be sweet ALL the time! By the way, I just read all the posts about the sleeping stuff with Avery. That is not fun! I just wanted to share probably the best thing I have ever read, and I really do live by it...If it works for you do it; if you resent it, change it. You are not hurting her when you are providing her with love and security. No one knows your child like you do, and you have to do what works best for you and her. I know everyone will give you their advice and "what works for them," but it's about you and her and nobody else. I love you, and I hope to see you guys again soon!!