Wednesday, November 7

Early Start

Avery woke up at 4:30 this morning ....that means I did too. She usually wakes about 6:30, but this morning she insisted on laying on the couch and watching cartoons. I even tried laying on the floor in her room so that we wouldn't disturb David. (No, that is not really a pic of me....it was too early to take any pics...but I know it does look like me).

But on top of our sleepiness, Avery and I both have colds, so we were in there coughing and hacking...... I don't know how he does it. How do guys just sleep thru a crying baby and all the other noise to go along with it? Come on, the monitor is right there...you've got to hear what's going on. I mean, it's either you hear it but ignore it and go back to sleep or you really and truly don't hear it! How? But just think.....if there was a buck grunting or a turkey gobbling out our door.... THAT would be heard and dealt with. But EVERY TIME, if asked about it, my husband says "Yes, I was awake the whole time....I wasn't getting any sleep". WELL? Can anyone relate to this? It's crazy what men can just choose to "block out". (Now, that really doesn't look like David!)
Ok, Ok, I am relieved that I didn't have to go do P.T. at 7:00 with the Navy Seals. I guess all that exercising makes someone sleep exceptionally well, with disturbances and all..........

3 comments:

The Milams said...

Same story at my house! Nothing makes me crazier than rocking a screaming baby in the middle of the night while listening to my husband snoring!!!

gone forever said...

hey...i was up around that time too...actually it may have been a tad earlier. Andi's body still follows it's routine from BEFORE the time change...ugh =P. so everything's an hour earlier for her now. At least she went back to sleep after she ate though. She woke up again at 7 and i turned her mobile on and went back to bed...lol.

i hope you and avery feel better quick!!

Tootle Family said...

Oh girl! I hear ya. Although, we don't use a monitor, and I'm sure there are times when we've both slept through his crying. Whoops.