Friday, November 9

Raise the Roof

It's a girl's weekend. David is off to the deer lease today and will be back Monday. We have already started the weekend off with a bang this morning with Super Target and the new park on Heubner! (well, it's new to us) Oh, just wanted to clarify one of the things I'm thankful for...."Freedom of Choice". Don't want anyone to think I'm getting too liberal here! HA! Who ME? Just think about it...we are so lucky to have that freedom....and I'm just talking about everday simple things....really simple things. Like freedom to choose where we want to live, what to eat, what to do with our day, what to wear, what church we go to, or what we watch on TV. It's such a great freedom...the freedom to choose!
Speaking of church, Avery is so proud of her art that she makes in bible class. She is mostly proud cause her Mommy and Daddy are proud and make a big deal about it. She loves it! And I really, really believe that this is going to make a HUGE impact on her life...possibly for the rest of her life....that she is starting early. She is learning so much in her little bible classes and she loves to talk and sing about it. As a matter of fact she is in 3 classes a week...I know that is alot but what else am I supposed to do with her? Sunday morning she goes, Wednesday night and Thursday morning she goes to her long one, because Mommy's is long. Listening to her sing her songs is so sweet to my hears. It's funny cause some of the things that this two year old talks about I can't even remember....like Daniel's three friends being protected and not burned in the fiery furnace. I forgot about that one.....
This is the lion's ears and mane ... guess she was still learning about Daniel (Daniel and the lion's den)....

And of course...Jonah and the whale.

Don't get me wrong, I've taught her most of the bible songs that she knows, but her hearing them over and over is really healthy for her. There is this one somg that David and I had actually never heard of. It's so cute when she sings it. She puts her hands in the air and goes up , up, up with them (just like "raise the roof"). And sings "My God is a great big God...." I asked her to sing it for me this morning but she didn't want to AT ALL. Then, after I had put her down for a nap, I hear...."My God is a great big God...you can come take a picture now!"

3 comments:

gone forever said...

oh how sweet!!

lol...sweet to your HEARS huh? that made me smile =).

have a good sunday!

Kthed said...

love that song! Keep on raising that roof Avery!

The Milams said...

My favorite passage from the bible, "Train up a child in the way that he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it." Prov. 22:6 Keep up the great work!