Friday, November 30

"Maid" to Love

Today was house cleaning day...and we sooo needed it. I didn't forget about my Thankful Thursday, I just didn't have time to blog. I learned something so neat in bible study yesterday that I will treasure for a life time....well, as long as I am cleaning my own house! A woman in bible study said that she has been doing this for years and actually some of yall might have already heard this before....but anyway it was new to me, but what a difference it made in my house cleaning day. She said since cleaning is such a chore and most of us dread doing it, we might as well make the best out of it by giving glory to God. She said, the whole time you are cleaning, as you go around to each room, and to each thing, thank God for that "thing" and send up thanks and praises to him for blessing you and your family for that thing. Like today, I thanked Him for each thing I was cleaning and spoke why I was so thankful. Today I was thankful for my fridge... I said "Thank you for this fridge even though it is not new and big...it keeps my food cold for my family so that we can have plenty, good and fresh food to eat whenever we get hungry, days and even weeks from now." Today I was thankful for my carpet...I said "Thank you for this carpet even though I wish to have a house filled with hard wood floors....this carpet is so soft on my baby's delicate feet and it is warm to walk on bare foot when it is cold outside." Today I was thankful for Avery's training potty...I said "Thank you for this little potty even though it gets nasty and I have to empty it frequently...it gives my little toddler security while she is learning to do big girl things....I'm thankful that I am washing it instead of changing diapers." And today I was thankful for the trash can....I said "Thank you for this garbage can even though it stinks....I'm so grateful that I can just simply throw away my trash and garbage and get rid of it and never have to deal with it again."Being thankful for the trash can reminded me of some of the promises that God has made to us! As far as the east is from the west. Cleaning house this way, made it where it wasn't just work but it turned into worship and also serving for my family. I wanted to share with all you, others that don't have a maid yet! Maybe some day I will be thankful for a maid....but I will still go around and be glad and thankful for everything that I am blessed with.
While vacuuming (which is the very last thing I do) the vacuum started smoking and smelling really really bad. I truly believe the enemy will try even harder when there is worship and praise music going on through out your house. (By the way, Avery just loves it when I put praise music on...she sings and dances).....hey! that's another thing the enemy didn't like today! Anyway, what Satan didn't realize that even though the cleaning stopped....the praising sure didn't....AND that I have candles for the smell...AND I have a handy dandy husband who will get home later and fix the vacuum!

1 comments:

gone forever said...

awesome post chantel =)!! keep it up! It's so good to hear what's going on in your life!