Monday, November 19

SAHM - Change of Attitude

Yes, I'm fully aware that that is MY bed that Avery is in. Tell me, who could refuse an angel like that snuggled up in bed with them? I recently watched a program with Beth Moore giving a great lesson. She was talking about circumstances in our lives and how to deal with them. What I got from that, I know I will never forget and I will always remember no matter how big or small the circumstance. She said "After we have asked God to change our circumstance and situation and it doesn't look like it is going to change for a while....we must then change our attitude". I'm glad God erases bad feelings toward others when we ask Him to and even works the negative things out for good. Well, He promised to do that with everything. This weekend I decided I needed to change my attitude toward some circumstances. For example...as you know.....I was tired of being mad and frustrated with sweet little Avery. For some reason she is scared and I need to do nothing more than to open my arms to her and comfort her. That's what we want our heavenly Father to do with us in the middle of the dark and scary night. It's amazing how much weight I feel like has been lifted now that I have decided to change my attitude instead of praying for this situation to change.

We are excited about this week...our trip back home for Thanksgiving. I've been talking about seeing family as much as possible with Avery and she is getting very excited too. I'm thinking she is getting it and understanding we don't live close anymore. David is back from the deer lease and managed to get his first doe of the season....sorry no pics of that. Oh, I DO need to get pics of something else soon. For the past two evenings there has been three or four "gangsters" parked right outside our apartment. I call them the Thugs N' Harmony because they just stand around this one car listening and singing with their rap music (which is very vulgar by the way) for hours. And while they sing and rap to each other, they bounce. I'll be very scared for them to see me get a pic...but we'll see. They really don't bother me, because the music is not loud enough for us to hear it inside, but it is kinda awkward and annoying when we actually go outside to our car or go strolling...they go right along with their cussing and bouncing. I wonder....do they really, I mean really not have anything better to do??
Hey don't forget to set you DVR's for Oprah's Favorite Things 2007 tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Kthed said...

Girl... I just DVR'd the Oprah show for tomorrow - can't wait!! Precious little angel sleeping... they're soo sweet when they're asleep! HA!

Anonymous said...

That precious baby girl. I've been praying for her, because NO ONE likes to be scared. I think you're doing the right thing. A little security goes a long way for dealing with the fear. You know I deal with fear in lots of different issues (not sleeping in my own bed because I don't have a problem with that! ha) but since I've learned to run to my heavenly Father for my security, then that has helped me. Avery only knows to come to you for her security and she's needs that assurance that it's always there for her until she learns to go to Jesus. You probably didn't need that sermon, but hopefully it encourages you. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a safe trip and lots of fun with family. Thanks for the updates every day. I really enjoy reading them and it makes it feel like you're not so far away! Love you, A

gone forever said...

That is SOOOO precious chantel!!