Friday, October 19

Love & Respect

Tonight, Friday night, is the big night for us. Some of yall may be going football games or get togethers or something like that....but David and I are going to our big Marriage Conference! Sound like fun...something you might want to do on a Friday night AND Saturday morning? Well, I actually am excited about it. I think it will be great and of course we need it...don't we ALL? Get this....the conference is called Love & Respect Marraige Conference! Some may have heard of it....it's actually a huge thing that goes around to different cities. It's hosted by Dr. Emerson and Sarah Eggerichs. They discuss the 3 cycles....The Crazy Cycle, The Energizing Cycle and The Rewarded Cycle. I believe we are stuck in the Crazy Cycle. Based on Ephesians 5:33, a wife reacts when feeling unloved and a husband reacts when feeling disrepected. Sadly, when a wife feels unloved she tends to react in ways that feel disrepectful to her husband. When a husband feels disrespected he tends to react in ways that feel unloving to his wife. A crazy cycle! Round and round it goes! Is anyone else IN this cycle? I'm looking forward to hearing about what the Energizing and Rewarded Cycle are! I'll let you know what they are and how it goes..... Well, I was going to copy my friend Kelli yesterday and do a Thankful Thursday list, but I never got around to it. Not that I wasn't thankful yesterday. But here is my day late "Thankful Thursday" list. Today I'm most thankful for:

  • The weather...beautiful!
  • A surprising call from a friend this morning
  • My new womens' bible study group...that meets on "thankful Thursdays"
  • David getting a 86 on his first EMT test that he has been studying for all week! (better than my "D's" that I used to get).
  • My friend Athena...it was her 30th birthday yesterday. Happy birthday, Madame!
  • Leftovers when you just don't feel like cooking
  • A sleeping baby....

0 comments: