Wednesday, October 17

Hump Day

I woke up this morning really missing my friend Cherie. I think it partly was because this is going to be one of those days when nothing is planned or going on...and Cherie and I used to get together on days like that. Even though we have 3 kids between us, now that she has had baby Luke, we always had "our" time. How did we do that Cherie? It was difficult but we managed during nap time. Some how Avery was pretty good about taking a nap at Cherie and Jake's house. Baby Luke was little and new that we could just hold him during "our" time. Sometimes "our" time would consist of laying down on the couches, closing our eyes and resting for 5 minutes...which always turned into 30 minutes. Another reason I think I miss Cherie is that I rented a movie yesterday that I've been wanting to see again for a long time now. Cherie is the only friend of mine that actually likes movies as much as I do....except for Lauren....but she lives in Dallas with her family. I've seen it before when it came out at the theater but I've been wanting to watch "The Passion of Christ" again. I've been reading in order, the books of the New Testament every morning and I'm almost to John...I never knew those first four books has the same stories in there 2, 3 and even 4 times. I like that cause sometimes you get a different view of the actual story presented in a different way. Anyway, these books I'm reading are stories about the life and death of Jesus. Maybe by watching the movie a second time it will mean so much more to me...we'll see. I know if Cherie was still just 15 minutes away, she would want to watch this together during "our" time. Avery talks about her best friend Jake alot...I know she misses him.

The first pic is a more recent pic of the friends but the second is an older pic of Jake sitting in Avery's chair...oops we can see your diaper Jake! We miss yall!

1 comments:

Kthed said...

I love that song - great pick!