Friday, October 26

Grandma's Visit

I'm so excited for this evening cause if David gets home early enough we are going to go to Chuy's ( my favorite) and get the "happy hour" nacho cart. You build your own nachos for free. Hey, you can't beat that...especially at your favorite restaraunt! And yes, I did leave my house this morning sporting the tadpole look again...all the way to Target where I bought me a new hair dryer. Maybe I won't be looking amphibianish at Chuy's tonight.

Ok, I've been wanting to post some pics that I just recently received from my Mom. She took some pics when she was down to visit us the beginning of this week. We had a really good time...that was when it got so cold suddenly. Monday, Mom and Avery and I went shopping for her Halloween costume.....
For lunch we took Avery to a fun place called Chacho & Chalucchi's (I think) but the huge play area was closed for some reason. So we opted to go to a McDonalds by our house so that Avery could play. First of all, she was being Miss Independent so she wanted to eat all by herself at her own table.....
I don't know who that lady is behind her.

While Avery was playing, Mom and I ate and talked. Then both of us heard a tiny little "Help". It was Avery way up in the top of the play area. She kept saying "Help Mommy. Get me down Grandma. I'm stuck!" It was the cutest thing, but so sad at the same time. I tried to talk her down for about 10 minutes, but she was just too scared.

Poor thing!

I don't think she appreciated the picture taking while in desparation! Of course, like any other time, I had to climb all the way up that nasty thing and get her down. Here is another pic of me on a "kid" thing with Avery. How did I get up there?

This was at the East Texas Fair in Sept. And yes, I had to go down that slide....gross...but when there is only one way out you have no other choice!

Had to add one more pic from the E.T. Fair. Go, girlfriend, go!

2 comments:

gone forever said...

Drew took that national registry test when we were looking for other jobs. what a killer!!< but he passed it too. Congrats to david!

Good luck on the home search!! we have some friends that may be buying ours!! No, it's not for sale any more. but if they want it, we'll sell it. not sure exactly what we'd do then but we have several ideas.

MISS YOU!

Kthed said...

I'm so glad you have a blog... been there, done that with both of my kids getting stuck on those play things... of course... at the very top... I was even pregnant with Lex one time when I had to go UP! I guess that's just part of the mommy package! My favorite pic is of her being "independent" & sitting by herself... it's soo cute.