Thursday, October 25

Good, Bad & Irrelevant News

Let's start with the irrelevant news. Don't you hate it when your blow dryer goes out? Like, it always happens when you are about to start blow drying your hair, not when you just get done. So, with no spares or back-ups, I had a choice to leave my house this morning for bible study with soppy, moppy, wet hair or tie it back looking like a tadpole. Just for your irrelevant news...I choose the tadpole look.

Now for the good news....David came home yesterday after taking one of the biggest tests that he will ever have to take in the Fire Academy, very discouraged. It was the National Registery Test for EMT. Basically, it's a pass or fail test and if you pass it you are done.....he was taking it earlier than all the other cadets due to some "irrelevant" reasons. (I like that word). Anyway, he got on the internet as soon as he got home even after feeling like he totally bombed the test and they had already posted the results. Well, the good news...he PASSED! Thank the Lord and congrats David! He studied so hard for this test....it would have been very discouraging to study that hard, fail, and have to study for it again.
Now for the bad news. Yesterday we were also informed of a "test" that we didn't pass. We are not going to be financed for the house that we had plans to build. They called David yesterday and told him that it just wasn't going to work out with this house and basically we are back at square one. Not wanting to get into personal financial information....our debt ratio is way too high right now. It's very dissapointing for both of us. We both really loved this house and the idea of being able to build it and live in it in like 6 months from now was so exciting. I mean, we went and picked out the lot and everything! Here is a pic and the floor plan of what WAS going to be our future home.

I am really not that upset about the actually house...I'm more frustrated that we have to start over in our home hunting and searching. I have actually had peace about it all day today knowing that God just didn't tell us "No", but I think that He's saying "I have something better." I have been trying to remember that promise from Him in all the things that he says "no" to in my life. I'm confident that since He has fulfilled promises of all the other really big things in my life...for example my husband (who He held out just for me)...he will fulfil this one. I can't wait to see what He has in store for us!

I didn't forget about my "Thankful Thursday" list. I'm so thankful for:

  1. Autumn weather...right in time
  2. Hair (love you, Athena!)
  3. A working husband
  4. God's promises
  5. Librarys (think about it...free books to read!)
  6. Mom's visit and her safe trip home
  7. A potty trained toddler
  8. A roof over my family's head

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw-w-w, Honey! Too bad about the house...but, you are right, something better will come along!
Love, Mom
PS...You're the cutest tadpole I've ever seen!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! way to go David... and yep, you are right... I always think "It just wasn't to be or it would have been"... God always knows best and what we need when we need it...
Love, Tammy