Wednesday, December 12

Miscellaneous

Birthday...

I'm 30 today! I can't believe the big 3-0 has finally come. Today, Wednesday, although it's my b-day, it feels like just any old other day. I tried to get Avery to understand it was Mommy's b-day, but she just wondered where the birthday cake was! HA! So, what's a b-day without your favorite birthday cake? Even though it is cold and wet today, Avery and I bundled up and headed to Wal-mart for some stuff to make cup cakes. After we got home, and after I put on my flannel pajama pants, I realized that our muffin pan didn't get packed somehow in the move. Soooo, back in the car to HEB to buy a muffin pan to make those b-day cup cakes....with the pj pants, no make-up and Avery with no shoes...I carried her. The cup cakes were delicious (yellow with choc. icing of course and Christmas sprinkles) and a real b-day treat! And here is the after math..... (the after math of a cup cake plus a 2 year old!)...

I know...could be A LOT worse!

Quarter-life Crisis...

I think my husband is going thru a quarter-life crisis, since he has sheared off his leg and arm hair! HE says its because of Rescue Week at the fire academy and he doesn't want his hair pulled! Whatever the reason, it's still strange it hear the sound of the shears buzzing in the bathroom and know what's being shaved. HA! Love you, Babe! (Sorry, no pics)

Excerpts From a Not-so-Average Tot...

Remember how Avery all the sudden started counting backwards one day...well now she is counting like this.... "Uno, dos, tres"! Is it because she lives in San Antonio? I never taught her to count in Spanish...guess some one's teaching her...maybe it's Dora....she can count all the way to Cinco (Five)!

Mannequin...

Does anyone else notice something strange about this mannequin at JC Penny's....I just had to take a pic!

I mean the sweater is cute and all, but that girl just doesn't look right!

Brunette...

Last week I went dark again....my hair. I just needed a change. And no, I'm not going through a quarter life crisis, because I go from blonde to brown, brown to blonde frequently. Those of you that are fans of the blonde....don't worry, that is my favorite too, and it will be back around Spring!

Queen for the Moment...

As I was getting ready in the bathroom, Avery came in my room and announced that she was the Queen.....

What a happy queen! Guess the rug turned into a beautiful flowing robe, only in a child's imagination.

Elfed...

I just had to copy Stacey and Jessica...it was too cute not to! The Ellis family was elfed....take a look here... http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1281613156

2 comments:

Kthed said...

Happy Birthday! That manequin is hilarious!

The Milams said...

Happy B-day! I can't believe you are younger than me!!!