Thursday, December 6

$6 Tree

I know, I know, the bow at the top is a little much and kinda overwhelming the little tree, but I made the bow before I decorated the tree. It was my first bow to make actually and this tree is the first Ellis family tree that I have really thought about, taken time, and mindfully decorated. Try to beat this finished look....with $6 to Dollar Tree. Avery and I decided we needed a beautiful tree since all of our family is coming here for Christmas...3 separate times. So, Avery helped pick out the decorations at the Dollar Tree and of course I, and David, were very pleased with the total being six bucks! I couldn't decide on silver or gold, so I did both....which looks great together...but only at Christmas time! And I needed an accent color so I opted for red...the ribbon and the berrys. It's still a tiny little tree, but it has already brought warmth to our little apartment. David helped put the balls on while leaving the "handmade" bows up to me. I tried to teach him but he didn't want to learn how to make a bow...he would rather just hang something! And of course a pic of the big Christmas helper...... "And I helped" she would say!

3 comments:

Kthed said...

Deck the Halls... you're about to THIRTY you old lady!!! :)

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful!
Can't wait to see it!
Love, Mom

gone forever said...

That's one impresive 6 dollar tree! It's so much fuller than our 19.97 walmart tree!!