Saturday, February 2

Hometown Visit

I know...it's been like 2 weeks since I've posted anything. Are yall so tired of seeing that Sunday Nap post? Sorry, Avery and I just got back recently from a wonderful visit to my home town, Tyler. It was a week long trip, full of things to blog about...but I won't bore you with all the details from the trip...just the highlights. Oh and know that the "highlights" are all memorable things but it doesn't mean they are all positive! By the way, David didn't get to go with us this time because of the academy...but that's why Avery and I were able to stay and visit for so long.

Avery's Highlights (chronicalogical order)....sorry my spell check is not working for some reason:

  • Surprise birthday party for Pa Pa
  • Fun w/ Shane and Evan
  • Cousin Ryan and rides on his John Deere Gator
  • G-ma's here!!! (great grandma)
  • Grandma's birthday cake...yummm....(and while no one was looking, shoveling in Ryan's piece of cake too!
  • Sunday school...didn't want to go at first....but started having a BLAST once they started singing!
  • Shrimp and onion rings at Clear Springs
  • No nap...when there was playing outside to be done w/Sushi (our cat)
  • Shopping and Ci Ci's with Grandma and G-ma
  • Lexie!!
  • Eating soap at Lexie's that looked like candy
  • The park
  • Lexie for the second day!!
  • Mazzio's with Angela and Lisa
  • Coming home to see Daddy

My Highlights:

  • 5 hour drive with 2 year old
  • Locking my keys in my car in Palestine (Fire dept. came out to "rescue me" (how embarassing))!
  • Night spent at Cherie's house....and sweet baby Luke
  • Pedicure with Mom
  • Movie with Dad
  • G-ma's here! (Four generations...well five counting Avery's baby..Lovie)

  • Dave, Tara, Ryan and my new nephew, Rhett
  • The three cousins
  • My best friend, Kelli
  • Avery spitting out bubbles from the soap that she ate
  • Defeating and mastering "Toy Pop" w/ Kelli
  • Mazzio's w/ Angela and Lisa
  • Six hour drive home w/ 2 year old due to being stopped at an out of control brush fire and then a train a few minutes later....not fun!
  • Coming home to my husband
  • As a whole...bonding even more with my precious baby girl

4 comments:

Tootle Family said...

What a fun week! I could use a week long trip.

Avery is such a precious little thing!

Anonymous said...

I was so excited to see a new blog this morning. It brightens my day! It's so funny how much I enjoy it. I look forward to it. Somehow it makes it seem like you're not so far away! Thanks so much for taking the time to include us in your trip. It was just an hour but it was so good to see you! Big hugs to Avery! Love you, A

Kthed said...

It was good to see ya'll San Antonions too! Tell Avery I threw away the "candy" soap!

The Milams said...

I almost didn't recognize you with dark hair. I guess I haven't seen you in a while!

Did you ever get your spell check to work? My spell check, centering function and several others haven't been working for a while and it's driving me crazy!