Friday, January 4

First of Many...

The new year has brought a few firsts for little Avery already. Firsts of many of course. This is Avery's first kitchen for some great cooking! A kitchen is what she would tell Santa that she wanted him to bring her. Why is it with kids...and all of us....when we get a new "toy" we play with it all day for days, but about a week later it's not so exciting anymore? Every once in a while she gets in a mood and cooks up a storm!

Oops just realized that her eyes are closed here, but I did get a shot of her wearing her oven mit.

Avery's first necklace....it's small, it's not mine, and it's made of candy! I remember having a candy necklace that I loved when I was little. But unlike Avery, I was kind of a hoarder with all candy (halloween, christmas)....my brother can testify to this. Guess I didn't comprehend that after I ate all my candy...I could, you know, possibly get more! So, my candy necklace lasted for years......... don't think Avery's will last very long at all.

Hopefully this next "first" won't be of too many.... First busted lip! Avery slipped off the chair while playing with her new playdough and hit her mouth on the chair. I'm just thankful it wasn't a broken tooth (like your little boy, MK!) ( I know....it doesn't even compare with Arkansas teeth!)

Hey, but check out those sweet "beaver teeth".....that's what Avery called them after studying herself in the mirror this morning. It cracked me up!
And the Most Favorite Christmas Toy goes to............... her tricycle that she got on her birthday in April!! What? That thing is a huge hit now! Because, it is one of the firsts of many. A couple days ago she actually rode it (by pedaling, not scooting) by herself.

Does she not look like the cutest, tiniest, most precious thing here?!

May this new year bring your all of our little ones lots and lots of only wonderful firsts of many! Happy 2008!

3 comments:

gone forever said...

What a fun post to read! I love the sweet pictures. They're so cute =)!!! THat's a really sweet kitchen!! Where'd you find it? lol...not that i'm buying one for andi rae yet!! My lil one is 5 months now and 17 pounds! She's skinny cuz she's long, but she sure is heavy!!

The Milams said...

Yes...so glad that it was the lip not the teeth!!!

She is such a doll even with a fat lip!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.