Wednesday, January 16

Cadet Ellis

I'm so proud of my husband, Cadet Ellis. He has made it through half of his six month training at San Antonio Fire Training Academy. Just three more months till graduation (then you can be a real fireman again... doing real fireman stuff)! He has 40 guys in his class (actually 2 are girls) and has made a lot of friends, but has to be with these guys 5 days a week all day. They do intense physical training, lecture class which involves studying and tests and of course do "fire fighter training". I think we are both ready for him to go back to shift work...24 on, 48 off. Working every 3 days is not that bad. I haven't posted many pics of Cadet Ellis since we've lived here, but I've been meaning too. I guess there are just too many posts to create about Avery!
Saying bye-bye to Avery before heading out... must have been one of the mornings that we were all up before 7:00!
He didn't want me too, but I just had to get a shot of these massive boots that they have to wear daily as part of their uniform.
Heading out the door, with backpack on & lunch and running shoes in hand.
Going out, to bring home the bacon. Thanks, Babe! Graduation is right around the corner... March 19th. All are welcome to come ...announcements and invites will be sent out. Mark your calendars!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, you know I have to say something. I can't believe that you put "witch" instead of "which". Ha! What's up with that! Maybe it was too early in the morning! ha! Just couldn't let that pass! Let me know when you're having that garage sail! Ha! Have a great day! Love you, A

Kthed said...

Way to go Cadet Ellis! Bringing home the bacon!