Tuesday, June 24

Got Sushi?

I've honestly been waiting this one out....it's official...Sushi has been missing for a month. We all just got back from our week long trip to Tyler. Sushi was supposed to be there, waiting for someone to transport him down to San Antonio now that we have the new house. He just vanished! No sign of him....and b/c of that, I'd like to think the best. I imagine him with a loving family treating him like a king...dominant as he is being a Siamese male. We had Sushi for 5 1/2 years! He was my baby before Avery even came around. We will miss him and remember our first family pet, Sushi, forever!
Memories that will never be forgotten (good and bad):
  • Sleeping, snuggled up next to me EVERY night.
  • The sticker burr that got stuck to the back of his tongue
  • Never once, not ONCE cleaning up an accident off the floor
  • Searching till midnight, even the neighbors, with flashlights when stuck up a huge tree
  • His softness and warmth in the winter
  • Traveling with him...back and forth our first year like he was a dog, and like he liked it!
  • Come to find out, he had the biggest case of motion sickness I'd ever seen
  • The way he was so miraculously clean all the time ...where'd the dirt go?
  • Rescuing him from the two big dogs at our duplex
  • How he climbed trees like a pro with NO front claws
  • His calming purr
  • His response to my voice only

WE LOVE YOU SUSHI!

3 comments:

Tootle Family said...

okay, was the cat in San Antonio??? Or, in Tyler b/c I SWEAR that there was a cat that looked JUST like that in my backyard. I know, I know but seriously it was just yesterday when I was looking our my bedroom window.

Anonymous said...

Jumping on the desk at work wanting to butt heads....sitting beside me on the porch, then leaning over to be real close....running out to meet me when I returned home...jumping on the table and laying across my papers as I'm trying to work....rolling in the dirt in the driveway...coming into work and finding that dirt all over my desk...playing tough by chasing Billie Bob across the yard, not knowing Billie Bob could really whip him if he wanted...watching out the kitchen window as he chased grasshoppers in the back yard....

You are missed, Sushi...

Love, Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

I remember Sushi as the cutest little kitten! I have a picture of Sushi laying in the fake tree we had in our house in San Antonio. I am so sorry you have lost him, I still miss Ophy every single day.

Love ya, Rachel